Saturday 22 June 2013

Shocker: Illiterate Katy Perry cannot read


London: Pop star Katy Perry has revealed that she finds reading difficult as she did not go to school much. 
The 28-year-old singer's education suffered because she was brought up in a strict Christian household who did not believed in public education, reported Contactmusic. 
"I have a problem in reading. I was not going to great schools, because my parents did not believe in public education. They wanted the education to be influenced by their religion, so I was going to these halfway education-slash-Christian schools that were like pop up shop style education," said Perry. 
She doesn't blame her parents and thanks her mother, Mary Hudson, for being a great teacher. 
"My mother speaks French, she used to be a painter, but now she is just in the ministry. She used to be a reporter actually. She wanted to be Barbara Walters," she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment