Saturday 22 June 2013

Divorce via SMS: Russell Brand had divorced Katy Perry on New Year’s eve in unique style


London: Pop star Katy Perry has revealed that his former husband Russell Brand told her that their marriage was over through a text message.
The 28-year-old singer said she has not heard from the funnyman since he messaged her more than a year ago to say their 14-month marriage was over, reported Sun online.
"He's a very smart man, a magical man and I was in love with him when I married him. Let's just say I haven't heard from him since he texted me saying he was divorcing me December 31, 2011," she said.
Although Perry accepts her hectic touring schedule was partly responsible for the failure of her marriage, she cryptically hinted there was more reasons to get apart.
"I felt a lot of responsibility for it ending, but then I found out the real truth, which I can't necessarily disclose because I keep it locked in my safe for a rainy day. I let go and I was like, 'This isn't because of me; this is beyond me.' So I have moved on from that," she added.
The couple were divorced last year.
Since the split, Perry dated musician John Mayer but confirmed their on-and-off relationship is finally over. She is currently linked to heartthrob Robert Pattinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment