Thursday 13 June 2013

The Voice: Sasha Allen Doesn’t Have Any Regrets

 Sasha Allen performs a Donna Summer song on ‘The Voice,’ June 10, 2013
Caption Sasha Allen performs a Donna Summer song on ‘The Voice,’ June 10, 2013
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Sasha Allen was kicked off “The Voice” on Tuesday night’s show – shocking viewers and her coach, Shakira.
Though the singer received some flak for tackling Whitney Houston’s classic, “I Will Always Love You” during Monday night’s performance, Sasha says she doesn’t regret choosing the famous ballad.
“I feel like I’ve done everything I could’ve possibly done on this show. And I feel good,” she told AccessHollywood.com’s Laura Saltman after the show on Tuesday. “I don’t have any regrets and I’m glad I got to sing Whitney because I love her so much.”

Shakira gave Sasha some words of encouragement after her disappointing elimination.
“’It’s not the end,’ is basically what she told me,” Sasha said. “And I don’t think so, and I’m glad she doesn’t think so either.”

Sasha had a major connection to “The Voice” prior to auditioning for Season 4 – she was previously a backup singer for coach Christina Aguilera (who will take her red, spinning chair back from Shakira for Season 5 of the reality series).
“I started paying attention to the show because [Christina] was doing it,” Sasha said, adding that the “Feel This Moment” singer has been cheering her on during her time on the show. “Yeah, she [Tweeted me]. She’s been very supportive.”
“The Voice” continues with on Monday at 8/7c on NBC, when the Top 3 will battle it out for the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment