Tuesday 11 June 2013

Healthy Hollywood: Try It On Tuesday – Kerri Walsh Jennings’ Post-Baby Workout!

Kerri Walsh Jennings

“I have 16 plus pounds to lose, which is really scary because I have a bikini to fit into on the AVP [pro beach volleyball tour],” reveals the volleyball champ and new mom to Healthy Hollywood, who added, “But that’s going to come off I just need to be patient.”
The three-time Olympic medalist chatted excitedly to Healthy Hollywood about motherhood, working out and starting to train just 4 weeks after giving birth to her daughter, Scout, on April 6.
Kerri was in New York City to promote the return of the AVP Pro Beach Volleyball tour. The five-city tour kicks off in August and CBS Sports Network will cover all the action live. To get ready for the upcoming tour, Kerri is training hard. “The hardest thing after the baby is they [doctors] tell you to take fourth week off to let your insides heal. So, I work out so hard during pregnancy and then I’m supposed to relax and that’s the hardest thing. I’ve been working out hard for four weeks but I have a long way to go.”
The mother of three has an intense workout schedule to get ready for the upcoming tour and has her sights on the 2016 Olympics in Rio. “It’s so humbling. I’m on the beach five days a week playing volleyball and trying to retrain my body. I’m in the weight room twice a week doing program called ‘fast switch’ and I do Pilates twice a week. I also do mental training and ideally I would be getting some body work done, but I don’t have time for that.”
Just talking to Kerri about her workout schedule, plus her mommy duties is exhausting. She’s truly an inspiration! She jokes that her trick to getting it all done is her husband, Casey, who is also an AVP player. “We love our lifestyle and we love what we do. Right now, my husband picks up the boys [Joey, 3 and half and Sundance, 2 and a half) from school and Scout is with me all day and night. We basically get up in the morning and get our work done and we’re sprinting to pick up the boys from school. We do it all together.”
This athletic couple hopes to pass on the gift of a healthy lifestyle to their three kids. “Everything is not just about working out. It’s about nutrition. It’s about proper rest. It’s about surrounding yourself with great people. We have this holistic view of life. You can’t just focus on one part. You need to focus on all parts. My husband and I work hard to make sure our kids eat healthy and are surrounded by healthy options. We get to plant the seeds and hopefully they will grow into something wonderful.”

No comments:

Post a Comment