Wednesday 12 June 2013

'G.I. Joe 3': It's Official, 'Retaliation' Director Jon M. Chu on Board

G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Paramount Pictures
When it comes to pride in America, you can never have too much. (You hear that, NSA? You don't have to worry about me!) As such, Paramount has officially upped the ante with a third entry of its lucratively jingoistic G.I. Joe franchise. Deadline reports that following the box office smash that was Retaliation, the studio is bringing back the film's director Jon M. Chu to held the yet untitled G.I. joe 3 — doubtlessly, another action-heavy, reality-bending, self-effacing adrenaline rush (and likely with Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis back in the saddle).
Chu came onto the franchise as helmer for Retaliation, revamping the G.I. Joe identity after the critical bomb that was 2009's Rise of the Cobra. After a career of directing Step Up films and Justin Bieber documentaries, Chu is quickly settling himself into the action adventure genre with the military series. Of course, now that Paramount has invested its confidence in the filmmaker, this might be his chance to meld his passions: G.I. joe: Dance Dance Retaliation.

No comments:

Post a Comment