Monday 8 July 2013

Jim Carrey Tweets 'Love' for Assault Rifle Owners


Jim Carrey Headshot - P 2013
Kevin Lynch
Jim Carrey

Weeks after pulling his support from "Kiss-Ass 2" over the film's violence, the actor takes to social media to issue a strange apology.

Jim Carrey is apologizing to owners of assault rifles weeks after he publicly condemned his upcoming film, Kick-Ass 2, for being too violent.

The actor posted a series of tweets on Sunday night addressing his harsh criticism of gun owners, writing: "Asslt rifle fans,I do not agree wth u,nor do I fear u but I do love u and I'm sorry tht in my outrage I called you names.That was wrong."
"Btw I don't need a crisis mgr, just a conscience. Calling ppl names is inappropriate but my position on assault weapons hasn't changed," he wrote, hours later adding: "Only love is cool."
Last month, Carrey announced on Twitter that he was pulling support for the action sequel Kick-Ass 2 in the wake of the Sandy Hook shootings, which claimed the lives of 26 children and adults, and refueled a nationwide debate over gun violence. In response, Mark Millar, who created the comic on which the movie is based, wrote on his website, "As you may know, Jim is a passionate advocate of gun-control and I respect both his politics and his opinion, but I'm baffled by this sudden announcement as nothing seen in this picture wasn't in the screenplay eighteen months ago. Yes, the body-count is very high, but a movie called Kick-Ass 2 really has to do what it says on the tin."
The Jeff Wadlow-directed picture, slated for release Aug. 16, features Carrey as masked superhero Colonel Stars and Stripes, who joins the crime-fighting group of kids (led by Chloe Grace Moretz) in the follow-up to the popular 2010 comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment