Monday 6 May 2013

Trendsetters at Work: Shopbop Offices in New York City

Trendsetters at Work
In this week's edition of Trendsetters at Work, we're stepping inside the stylish offices of Shopbop and getting to know the company's public relations coordinator, Olivia Carrino!
The megapopular e-commerce site brings all of our favorite brands under one roof with a click of a mouse, and makes online shopping fast, friendly and totally addictive.
Wondering what it takes to land a glamorous gig in their New York City office? Olivia gives us the scoop:

How did you get started in your career? From the time I was a little girl, I always knew I wanted to be in fashion. One summer during college, I interned at Vogue in New York and that is how everything took off! I learned a ton and met some really great people who have helped me out along the way.
Describe a typical day for you. There is no typical day in PR. It ranges from sending out samples and images of product for press stories to running around to meetings and setting up for events.
Describe your work environment. Shopbop has a pretty relaxed work environment and our office has a great open floor plan so we are able to collaborate throughout the day. We recently moved to a new space where we have a roof deck, which is nice when the weather in NYC wants to cooperate.

Trendsetters at Work
Explain your office décor or creative inspiration. I love to have pictures of my family and friends at my desk, as well as some gear from my alma mater, the University of Michigan. I also have some career achievements hanging up to keep me inspired. Because I work in PR, I read a lot of magazines and keep a pile on my desk for creative inspiration.
Describe your office style. What do you typically wear to work? My office style ranges from jeans and flats to dresses and heels, hitting everything in between depending on my mood of the day.
Where do you shop for work clothes? Shopbop, of course! Our incredible workwear boutique is my go-to for more conservative or structured wardrobe pieces.

The best part of my job is…Getting to work with a lot of smart and creative people!
I never leave home without…Lipstick and my iPhone.
The best piece of advice I've ever received? From my dad—to be myself and stand up for what I believe in, no matter how hard it may be.
What are your travel must-haves? A good book, Evian Mineral Water spray, walking shoes, and my iPad.

Trendsetters at Work
And what are your beauty must-haves? Palmer's Cocoa Butter chapstick (which is often mistaken for a glue stick), MoroccanOil, and Chanel Inimitable mascara.

What fuels you during the day? Lunch is kind of all over the board, from soup to salads and sandwiches. As far as snacks, fruit and chocolate. I'm not a coffee drinker, so if I have anything in the morning it's a chai tea latte.
Tell us about your favorite gadgets for work and play: Of course my iPhone, and the super nerdy side of me loves a good label maker.

If I wasn't doing this job, I would be…Traveling the world, cliché yet so true!

Advice for aspiring career girls? Always believe in yourself, your abilities and what you have to offer; work hard and good things will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment