Friday 3 May 2013

Kate Levering Marries Reza Jahangir

Kate Levering Marries Reza Jahangir

Kate Levering and Reza Jahangiri 
Everything was intricately and beautifully planned, but it was an unscripted moment that Kate Levering cherished most on her wedding night.


"My husband got on stage and sang/played an original song he wrote for me and our unborn baby," the Drop Dead Diva star tells PEOPLE. "It was a complete surprise and probably the most romantic thing he's ever done."

Levering says new husband Reza Jahangiri's gesture left her as giddy as a schoolgirl.

"Somehow he managed to have the band learn the song as well as the backup vocalists," she says. "I was like a screaming hysterical fan at an Elvis concert."





Levering and Jahangiri, both 34, were married in an early evening ceremony April 20 at the Beverly Hills Hotel. They are expecting their first child together in August, which made dress shopping an interesting process for the bride.

She ended up wearing Nicole Miller at the ceremony and changed into Marchesa for the reception. "It's tricky to find a dress that will look nice on a six-month bump," she says. "I wasn't trying to conceal my stomach, nor show it off. I ended up loving my look – bohemian and romantic."

The wedding was planned in just 10 weeks by the "magical wedding elves" at Mindy Weiss Party Consultants, says Levering. "They are like fairy godmothers, making sure every detail is perfection," she says. "And I can't even begin to discuss the flowers from Marks Gardens. It may be the thing people talked about the most the next day."

Levering says it was an honor to have all their friends and family in the same place at the same time. "I kept thinking, 'They're all here for us,' " she says. "It was an extremely emotional day for me, and I don't think it was just the pregnancy hormones."

She adds: "I keep looking at photos thinking, 'Whose wedding was that? I wish I could have been there.' And then I realize, it was OURS. It was pure magic from start to finish."

No comments:

Post a Comment