Sunday 19 May 2013

Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner Joke About Their Marriage on Saturday Night Live

Ben Affleck Saturday Night Live Monologue Video, SNL Clips

David Livingston/Getty
Ben Affleck is still reveling in his Oscar glory – and dwelling on the speech in which he thanked wife Jennifer Garner and acknowledged that their marriage is "work."

On Saturday, he tried to make light of the moment while hosting Saturday Night Live – and even brought Garner on stage during his monologue to help. (Watch the monologue below.)

"I thanked my wife while saying the essence of marriage is work," he said during the monologue, noting that giving an Oscar speech is "completely terrifying."

"Some uncharitable souls on the Internet took that to mean our marriage is some kind of manual labor," Affleck continued. "That's not it. You define what's important to you by what you dedicate your time to."




Garner then came on stage as her husband explained that by using the word "work" he meant to signify how they "talk privately" about their commitment as husband and wife.

"I'm not sure why you had to share it live to a billion people," Garner joked, adding that she wished he had called their marriage "a gift."

Growing sincere, Affleck told his wife, "I want to tell you how I wish I had ended that speech: I couldn't do any of the things I do without you, without your support. You're my angel, my life, my world."

And then the camera panned back – as Garner looked nonplussed – to reveal Affleck had been reading off a cue card the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment